MSA Safety are now able provide mental health courses, developed by Mental Health First Aid England, which will help raise awareness of mental illness, enabling people to support themselves and colleagues. Our courses are designed to reduce stigma through education and increase the provision of care for those who have a mental health illness.
In a recent survey conducted by St Johns Ambulance, they surveyed over 1,800 people to assess the relationship between mental health and work.
Here are the top 10 results:
- Almost 65% of people would feel uncomfortable asking their employer for a mental health sick day
- 48% of people said they would be embarrassed when asking for a mental health sick day
- Nearly 45% of people have considered leaving their job due to mental health issues
- 55% of people were unaware they had rights if they were being treated unfairly by their employer because of mental health problems
- Almost 25% of people have left their job due to mental health issues
- Over 68% of people feel that their employer should be doing more to address mental health issues at work
- Nearly 40% of people have taken a day or longer off work due to mental health issues
- Less than 20% of people say that their company has a mental health wellbeing policy that they know about
- Almost 25% of people feel their workplace is contributing negatively to their mental wellbeing
- More people don’t feel like they are able to tell their employer if they’re feeling anxious or depressed at work than feel like they are.
What courses are on offer?
MHFA England Mental Health First Aider
This two-day Mental Health First Aider course qualifies delegates as mental health first aiders. Delegates will get a deep understanding of what mental health is, how to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health illnesses and gives them the confidence to support someone who needs assistance.
MHFA England Mental Health Champion
This one-day course Mental Health Champion course is suitable for those who want to gain the necessary skills to be able to detect signs of mental ill health and to support their own and others positive wellbeing. Delegates will also be given the confidence to promote Mental Health Awareness.
MHFA England Mental Health Awareness
The ½ day Mental Health Awareness course is for those wanting to gain a basic awareness of mental health illnesses and teaches them how to look after their own mental health and wellbeing, as well as others.
Mindfulness and Mental Health Talk
This is an informal talk, up to 2 hours, to raise awareness of mental health. This is particularly great for companies looking to raise awareness in their organisations, with a short session introducing people to the facts about mental health, how to identify it and help people to find the support they need.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Not sure what course you require? Give us a call on 02380 669 305 or email us at email@example.com.