Work at Height
Work at Height Training Course
Duration: 3.5 hours
£65.00 + VAT
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 require employers to ensure that a sufficient risk assessment is carried out so that all potential work at height risks are effectively identified, controlled and managed.
Every employer must also ensure that employees are appropriately trained to ensure that they can carry out their work safely.
Our half day Work at Height course is suitable for all employees and individuals who may undertake work at height operations. “Falls from height are one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries”. HSE
- Easy to book
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Approximate duration: 3.5 hours (0900-1230)
- Full delegate support
- Certificate Provided
- Free on-site parking
- Refreshments provided
Who Should Attend this Work at Height Course?
Anyone who works at height in any place, including a place at or below ground level, is required to undertake training to prove that they are competent and safe in their work.
It is the employer’s duty to ensure that this training is provided: Regulation 5 of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 states that employers must ensure all employees engaged in any work at height activity must be competent to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Gutter cleaning
- Solar panel installation
- Putting up displays
- Minor roof work
- Shelf stacking
- Window cleaning
- Machine maintenance
The Legal Bit – Do You Comply?
This Work at Height training course helps you to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005, providing employers and employees with the necessary information needed to be able to successfully deal with working at height risks and control measures.
- Introduction and Legislation – the risks, legislation, employer and employee duties and the hierarchy of control measures.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings, reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – risk reduction, fragile surfaces, vehicles, training and emergency procedures.
- Work at Height Equipment – tower scaffolds, mobile elevating work platforms and ladders.
Tailored Work at Height Training
If you have a specific area of COSHH which requires more in-depth training to meet your audience’s needs, please call and we will be happy to discuss our flexible options and affordable prices.
- All delegates are required to complete a multiple-choice end of course test.
- Full support is available for delegates with learning concerns. Please speak to your booker and they will ensure the necessary support is in place on the day.
- On passing, you will receive a certificate in the post within 10 days.