Risk Assessment Training Course
Duration: 3.5 hours
£75.00 + VAT
This Risk Assessment course has been designed to help businesses comply with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 by providing sufficient information to be able to carry out a suitable risk assessment in the workplace.
Risk assessments are an important step in protecting employees from harm and will ensure that organisations comply with the law by reducing risks to as far as is reasonably practicable.
The course explains each of the stages in carrying out a sufficient risk assessment and provides a blank risk assessment template for you to download and use in your own workplace.
- Easy to Book
- Written by Health and Safety Professionals
- Ensures compliance with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Approximate duration: 3.5 hours (0900-1230)
- Delegate Support Available
- Certificate Provided
- Free On-Site Parking
- Refreshments Provided
Who Should Take This Risk Assessment Course?
This course is suitable for all workers involved in developing a risk assessment and/or enforcing procedures in the workplace. This applies to all employers, managers and supervisors, regardless of the industry or environment that they work in.
Do You Comply with Health and Safety Regulations?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 states that it is the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees. This should be done using risk assessment that identifies, controls and manages the potential risks.
The Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 require employers to assess the risks to the health and safety of employees and ensure the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of the preventive and protective measures put in place.
This Risk Assessment course aids you to comply with these Regulations by providing you with the information need to be able to carry out a sufficient risk assessment, implement appropriate control measures and monitor and review the assessment’s findings.
- Risk Assessments – The Law
- What is a risk assessment?
- Who should undertake a risk assessment?
- What the law says
- Approved Codes of Practice
- Employer duties and the Health and Safety Executive.
- Identifying the Hazards
- The 5 steps of a risk assessment
- Common hazards
- Evaluating the Risks
- Understanding who are at risk and how they may get hurt
- Evaluating risks and the stages of the management hierarchy of control
- The Likelihood of Risk and Final Steps of the Risk Assessment
- The likelihood
- The severity of harm
- Recording findings
Tailored Risk Assessment Training
If you have a specific area of Risk Assessment which requires more in-depth training to meet your audience’s needs, please call and we will be happy to discuss our flexible options and affordable prices.
- All delegates are required to complete a multiple-choice end of course test.
- Full support is available for delegates with learning concerns. Please speak to your booker and they will ensure the necessary support is in place on the day.
- On passing, you will receive a certificate in the post within 10 days.