Abrasive Wheels Training Course
Duration: 3.5 hours
£75.00 + VAT
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL US ON
02380 669 305
Almost half of accidents when working with abrasive wheels happens due to hazardous working practices and operator error. It is extremely important that anyone working with abrasive wheels follow rigorous health and safety practices to ensure they do not put themselves or anyone else at risk of injury.
Our Abrasive Wheels course will provide you with an introduction to working safely with abrasive wheels so that you can easily identify the hazards, understand the risks and know which control measures are needed to prevent injury and ill-health.
- Easy to Book
- Ensures Compliance with UK Health and Safety Legislation
- Developed by Qualified Health and Safety Practitioners
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Previous Experience Working with Abrasive Wheels Would be an Advantage
- Delegate Support Available
- Certificate Provided
Who Should Take This Abrasive Wheels Training Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work activities. The course is particularly relevant for those who use bench grinders, pedestal grinders and angle grinders. This course does not cover the use of specialist grinding machines. The health and safety information throughout the course is still applicable. This course has been written at an introductory level and no pre-requisite training is required.
- What are abrasive wheels?
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Hierarchy of control measures.
- What is a risk assessment?
- Identifying hazards
- Deciding who may be harmed
- Evaluating Risks
- Recording findings, reviewing and updating.
- Risk Reduction, can the task be avoided
- Wheel speed
- Wheel handling and storage
- Wheel mounting
- Mechanical guards
- Safe working practices
- Inspections and checks
- Eye protection
- Harmful dusts
- Dust extraction
- Vibration and noise
- Emergency procedures
At the end of this course you will understand:
- Identify the factors that contribute to injury and to ill-health.
- Recognise the control measures that reduce the risk of injury.
- Understand how to correctly and safely use abrasive wheels
- You will be required to complete an end of course multiple-choice assessment and to complete a short practical.
- A certificate will be sent out within 2-4 weeks