Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Training Course
Duration: 3.5 hours
£60.00 + VAT
Hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly.
This COSHH training course is designed to give workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances, including how to undertake a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
- Easy to book
- Written by health and safety professionals
- Ensures compliance with COSHH Regulations 2005
- Approximate duration: 3.5 hours
- Fully Qualified and Experienced Tutors
- Delegate Support Available
- Certificate Provided
- Free on-site parking
- Refreshments Provided
Who Should Take This COSHH Training Course?
This COSHH training course provides suitable training for all levels of employees who work, or may encounter, hazardous substances in the workplace. All employees must have the necessary knowledge to be competent and do the job properly. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work in professions such as:
- Catering and baking.
- Beauty and hairdressing.
- Vehicle repair and painting.
- Offshore oil and gas.
The Legal Bit – Do You Comply?
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, regulation 12 states that ‘every employer who undertakes work which is liable to expose an employee to a substance hazardous to health shall provide that employee with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training.’ Employees also have a legal responsibility to co-operate fully with their employer to enable them to meet their legal obligations.
By providing effective COSHH training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Managers, supervisors and other members of staff should be able to recognise the hazards posed by their work, be able to act to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand how to follow procedures.
- Introduction to COSHH – what is a substance hazardous to health and where do they exist? Common hazardous substances, ill-health, Health and Safety Executive statistics and benefits of COSHH.
- COSHH Legal Regulations – the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, the CLP regulation, ACoPs and guidance notes, enforcement of the law, employer and employee responsibilities.
- Problems to Health from Hazardous Substances – common health hazards, the occupations most at risk, routes of entry, dermatitis, asthma, what to do if you develop symptoms and RIDDOR.
- Identifying Hazardous Substances – chemical labelling, safety data sheets, flammable substances, liquids, dusts and gases, asthma-causing substances, asbestos and lead.
- COSHH Risk Assessment and Control Measures – identifying the hazards, deciding who might be harmed and how, evaluating the risks, substance substitution, principles of good control practice, hierarchy of control measures, work processes and equipment, personal protective equipment, safe systems of work and the provision of first aid.
- Monitoring the Assessment and Health Surveillance – recording your findings, reviewing and updating the assessment, monitoring the assessment, health surveillance and Workplace Exposure Limits.
Tailored COSHH Training
If you have a specific area of COSHH which requires more in-depth training to meet your audience’s needs, please call and we will be happy to discuss our flexible options and affordable prices.
- All delegates are required to complete a multiple-choice end of course test.
- Full support is available for delegates with learning concerns. Please speak to your booker and they will ensure the necessary support is in place on the day.
- On passing, you will receive a certificate in the post within 10 days.